Whether exploring the artsy towns and quaint B&Bs of South Australia’s cultured wine country or forging a path through some of Australia’s most remote regions where self-sufficiency is key, Australian 4WD Hire has the right vehicle for you.
Our extensive fleet includes a range of Small 4WD, Medium 4WD, Large 4WD, and Extra Large 4WD vehicles as well as Dual Cabs with Canopy, Troop Carriers, and Luxury 4WD vehicles. For those looking for true adventure with the freedom and flexibility to really discover the Australian Outback, our fully-equipped Bush Campers are ideal for Australia’s many caravan parks and camping grounds, ranging from the Spartan to the posh.
Area of Use, Off-Road Access and Emergency Breakdown Assistance
All our vehicles are off-road insured and we allow you to travel on unsealed roads as long as they are on HEMA MAPS, (aka gazetted road) and are open and safe for passage and you have disclosed your Remote Area of Use if applicable. All our vehicles are covered by Manufacturers Warranties and Emergency Breakdown Assistance. In the unlikely event of vehicle failure, a replacement vehicle will be provided to you subject to availability.
This would be the best option for civil and commercial medium to long term hire and also for light or soft travel staying in hotels and resorts or if you have accommodation. These vehicles have only standard factory fit out and have different Off-Road capabilities.
- Small 4WD – Light Off-Road only
- Medium 4WD – No Off-Road
- Large 4WD – No Off-Road
- Extra Large 4WD – No Off-Road
- Dual Cab Canopy 4WD – Off-Road OK
- Single Cab Tray 4WD – Off-Road OK
- Troop Carriers – Off-Road OK
- Luxury 4WD – No Off-Road
- Air Conditioner
- CD / Radio / Blue Tooth* / GPS*
- E-Toll Tag
- Standard 4WD Tyres
- Floor Matts
- Wheel Tool Kit
- Vehicle Jack
- Recovery Kit
This would be the best option for more nature experience like bush camping or staying in camping grounds and caravan parks using Ground Tents (GT) or Roof Top Tents (RTT) set up. These vehicles have enhanced Off-Road fit out. For images or more information please refer to our Fleet Page , Gallery Page
- Bush Camper Canopy 4WD GT – Off-Road OK
- Bush Camper Medium 4WD GT – Light Off-Road only
- Bush Camper Large 4WD GT – Off-Road OK
- Bush Camper Extra Large 4WD GT – Off-Road OK
- Bush Camper Canopy 4WD RTT – Off-Road OK
- Bush Camper Medium 4WD RTT – Light Off-Road only
- Bush Camper Large 4WD RTT – Off-Road OK
- Bush Camper Extra Large 4WD RTT – Off-Road OK
Bush Camper- is a fully Off-Road equipped 4WD with inclusions of camping equipment package suitable to the number of people traveling. We supply Camping Equipment that is light, easy and very quick to set up without losing on quality and practicality. All camping equipment is at no extra cost (complimentary).
All Bush Campers are fitted with;
- Air Conditioner
- CD / Radio / Blue Tooth / GPS*
- E-Toll Tag
- Bull Bar
- Tow Bar & EBC
- Dual Battery & IS
- 12V Double Outlet
- Long Range Fuel Tank
- Roof Rack Basket****
- Anderson Plug*
- All Terrain 4WD Tyres
- Seat Covers
- Floor Matts
- Wheel Tool Kit
- Vehicle Jack
All Bush Campers are equipped with;
- Camping Chairs 1-7
- Camping Beds 1-7
- Camping Ground Tents x 1-2
- Roof Top Tents & Annexe x 1***
- Cargo Bag x 1****
- Side Awning x 1
- Camping Table x 1
- Fridge 40L x 1
- Camping Gas Stove x 1
- 12V Fluro Light x 1
- First Aid Kit x 1
- Fuel Canister 20L x 1
- Water Canister 20L x 1
- Australian 4WD Atlas x 1
- Recovery Kit x 1
*Available in some Vehicles
**Available on Dual Cabs only
***Available in Bush Camper with RTT only
****Available in Bush Camper with GT only
– Use of winch is not permitted for general public and is limited to mining contractors with written permission of Australian 4WD Hire.
Recovery Kit – (Bag, Shovel, Axe, Air Compressor, HD Snatch Strap, 2xHD Shackles, Jumper Leads, Winch Damper, Winch Controller, Hand Gloves)
For images or more information please refer to our Fleet Page , Gallery Page
Cookware, Cutlery and Crockery – If you do not wish to bring your own, we offer the option to purchase brand new sets of cookware, cutlery and crockery. These sets include everything you will need to prepare and serve meals while camping. The cost of the sets will be added to your rental cost and are priced as follows:
Cutlery Set: $30.00
Dinner Set: $50.00
Cookware Set: $70.00
For images of the sets we offer, please refer to our Gallery Page under the ‘Camping Gear’ folder.
Please Note: Once you have made your booking please advise us ASAP which set you would like and we will add it to your booking. Once purchased, all cookware, cutlery and crockery sets are yours to keep or dispose of upon completing your hire.
Please Note: Due to safety reasons, we do not supply the gas for the camping gas stove. All customers are required to supply these for themselves. Our agencies are located near camping or hardware stores where gas can be purchased before setting off on your trip.
Sleeping Bags & Bedding – Due to hygienic reasons, we do not supply sleeping bags or bedding. We encourage travelers to bring their own, alternatively there are plenty of camping supply outlets close to your pick-up location where you can purchase new and clean sets.
- No Limit on Kilometres
- 24hr Emergency Breakdown Assistance
- All Vehicles Off-Road Insured
- Off-Road OK as long as on HEMA MAPS
- Only Best Makes & Current Models
- Full Briefing on Checkout
- No Hidden Fee’s
Advantages when booking with us:
- Large range of vehicles to choose from best suppliers
- Competitive pricing
- Detailed vehicle and pricing information
- After-sales support services (when it really counts!)
- Get quotes quickly and easily
- Simple booking and reservation process
Security Bond or Damage Liability Excess Reduction (CDLL or DLER) and RRAAB (Restricted & Remote Area Access Bond)
We have 4 options to choose from;
- $5,000.00 – Driver over 25years of age no extra charge
- $2,500.00 – Driver over 25years of age additional $15.00 per day
- $1,500.00 – Driver over 25years of age additional $25.00 per day
- $5,000.00 – Driver over 21 to 25 years of age $50.00 per day
- $5,000.00 – Driver over 25years of age additional $0.00 per day – Remote Area Access Bond if applicable please refer to our Terms and Conditions
If the vehicle is returned clean, and in the same condition, minus wear and tear, the full Security Bond amount will be refunded following a post hire hoist inspection of the vehicle, which is generally within 3 – 7 business days.
How to Book:
The best and the easiest way is for you to go to our website www.australian4wdhire.com.au
and obtain an online quote. Shortly after we will email you a follow up email confirming availability and price. To secure your booking we require 20% deposit if it’s longer than 30 days prior to your pick up or full amount if it’s within 30 days.
When you are ready to book, click on TURN YOUR QUOTE INTO A BOOKING REQUEST CLICK HERE
on your quote, this link will take you to a secure and encrypted area and just follow the prompts.
Please check that all details are correct and provide following information;
- Exact date of travel
- Your Full Name
- Date Of Birth
- Drivers Licence Number
- Driver Licence Expiry Date
- Driver Licence Issued (Country / State)
- Address Details
- Phone Numbers / Email
- Credit Card Authorisation & driving licence details of all drivers would need to be provided on your check out.
Upon receiving required payment and information we would able to confirm your booking with us. All booking are subject to Australian 4WD Hire Terms and Conditions
which are available you 24/7 on our website. Please be aware
– most holiday seasons you need to plan way ahead, we recommend up to 12 months and to avoid any disappointments quick response will help us to allocate and secure vehicle for your booking.